- KIND’s new websiteWe’ve currently switched our website provider around – please bear with us if you can’t find something, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our referral form has been comprehensively overhauled, so please let us know if you encounter any problems.
- Walking with AmalKIND joined Little Amal on her Walk through Europe – we met her before we held a children’s citizenship ceremony.
- Strategic Plan 2020The strategic plan documents the strategy and objectives for Kids in Need of Defense UK for 2020-22. We strive for a world where the rights and well-being of all children and young people are protected by ensuring access to high-quality, free legal assistance to navigate a complex immigration system. Research suggests that there are 215,000… Read More »Strategic Plan 2020
- Ola: A British Love Story Against All OddsWe asked ourselves, how do you tell the story of undocumented youth without getting all lawyerish about it? Well here’s how! PositiveNegatives produce comics, animations and podcasts about contemporary social and humanitarian issues. They combine ethnographic research with illustration, adapting personal stories into art, education and advocacy materials. Together with artist, Asia Alfasi and youth activists, Let… Read More »Ola: A British Love Story Against All Odds
- Interview: Olivia Clark and Kristin BongOur pro bono lawyers and the firms they work for are the backbone of KIND’s project – without them, we couldn’t begin to have the impact that we do, or help nearly as many children, young people, and families obtain documentation and access their rights to residence and citizenship. Georgia Iacovou sat down with Olivia Clark and… Read More »Interview: Olivia Clark and Kristin Bong
- 15 pro bono cases that couldn’t have been completed without KIND UKIt’s pro bono week, so we thought we’d have a chat with Alexander Kolmakov from DLA Piper — he’s close to completing his 15th case. DLA Piper are one of KIND UK’s longest standing partners, and Alexander has been working at their London offices for five years now — right when our project started. He’s… Read More »15 pro bono cases that couldn’t have been completed without KIND UK
- EU Settled Status and British Citizenship: What You Need to KnowThe uncertainty surrounding Brexit means that people need to know what their rights are, and what they can do now to protect them. Many children and young people living in the UK do not know that they are eligible to apply for British citizenship. It’s, therefore, critical to understand all of the possible options. This… Read More »EU Settled Status and British Citizenship: What You Need to Know
- Working with children and young peopleBrighter Futures is a group of active young migrants working together to bring about positive change. In this short film they share their experiences to help our pro bono lawyers learn how to work with children and young people.
- Because every child has the right to dreamOf the tens of thousands of children and young people in the UK with unresolved immigration issues many have an entitlement to British citizenship or a right to remain. People with unresolved immigration issues are vulnerable to exploitation, homelessness and abuse. Young people are prevented accessing higher education and employment and they are at risk… Read More »Because every child has the right to dream