Skip to content

How to contact your Local Authority

If you need support, you can contact your Local Authority (also called your local council). Your Local Authority has a duty to protect children and you are able to contact them for support. For example, you can contact your Local Authority about:

  • Your living arrangements, including if you have any issues you want to discuss in relation to your sponsor (if you have a visa under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme);
  • Financial support; and
  • Accessing healthcare services and education.

You can find out which is your Local Authority by entering your postcode on this website . When you search your postcode, you should then see a website link to your Local Authority. If you visit the website of your Local Authority, you will be able to find contact details.

Other sources of support

  • The British Red Cross has also provided information for Ukrainian nationals arriving in the UK here (see “Advice for displaced people from Ukraine”), including information on registering for school, healthcare and housing.  You can also call the British Red Cross support line on 0808 196 3651 and press 1 for information related to Ukraine. You can also ask for an interpreter if you need one. The support line is open Monday to Friday 10am – 5pm and Wednesday 10am to 8pm
  • Ukrainian Refugee Help also provide key information on where you can find help and support on a range of issues, including accessing financial support, housing and some of the key tasks you are recommended to complete on arrival in the UK here.